removing my y-pipe!

J4YPS

Hey

I'm new to Zeds, had my sunset for 2 months now and I'm about to replace my y-pipe as flexis are blowing. I spent about 20 minutes trying to undo one bolt and had no joy.

I believe they are a 14mm socket?

Any tips for removal as I'm getting nowhere n my shiny cobra y-pipe wants to go on.. I used wd40 and them soak a bit. Just got the feeling I might be doing something wrong and there's an easy way?

Cheeers guys.

they may break , but generally theres not enough room to get any leverage under there, I would nip down the garage and slide them a tenner to crack the nuts for you, much easier on a ramp (especially if you have to blow torch them :wacko: ) then pop home and replace, or link numerous amounts of extension bars together till it comes out the back end of car pop on a breaker bar and jobs done :thumbs:

Thanks peeps. Think I'm gonna soak 'em in WD again.. see if i can get hold of blow torch and extend a breaker bar. Local garages have no time for me on weekends!

My cats look terrible also..its a 54plate... I guess/hope its just some shielding around them That's corroding?!

Get some Hfcs? Or don't fix it if it aint' broke?