No power to windows

Hammerz

Hi,

I recently had a P0340 error on the camshaft sensor. At this time my windows started playing up (would work and then not work).

Now I've replaced the camshaft sensor I don't get any power to my windows. The relay isn't clicking on either side and I know the motors are ok because I replaced with new a couple of months ago.

I'm aware of the window reset procedure but I assume it'll only work if I've actually got some power going to them.

What should I do next, disconnect battery? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I haven't got the window lock on!

Cheers.

Ok, just to let people know the outcome in case anyone suffers the same. I disconnected the switch from the arm rest area, relay started clicking away so there was a dodgy connection somewhere. Turns out the switch connection wasn't completely pushed together, so a simple bit of pressure and all good now.

If only you'd have come round to do it then ;) It was pouring down the day I asked the question so thought I'd ask whilst waiting for the weather to improve.

By the way, I'd had it investigated and bought replacement window motors only a couple of months before so thought the obvious would've been ok.