Where can I obtain a manual for my JDM fairlady Z

jamess115

Hi People. The following issues regarding my 05/06 JDM Fairlady Z are driving me potty.

* Why is there no power to my Sat Nav?

*Why there appear to be front and rear fogs but no fog switch?

*Why the corner sensors (button located under steering column) are inop?

*Why the reverse tilt action on wing-mirrors are not working?

I have identified this car as being the ST Model and research shows that these items do come as standard - However, now I am wondering if these are all gimmicks and just added to the car without being fully functional?

I have contacted Nissan UK and sent an email to Nissan Japan but not holding out much hope for a response. If I could get hold of the manual for this specific vehicle, I would be a lot wiser. Anyone any ideas besides ebay? I have tried.

Cheers

Seems like you few electrical issues bud.

Best thing is to do trouble shoot them

Take the driver side controller arm off and see if all the connections are attached alternately fine a replacement part.

Fog light there must be a hidden switch as rear fog is mandatory to pass mot

I have the manual for mine 2003 but unless your are fluent in Japanese then you will struggle.. Happy to scan any relevant pages over but I have similar issues and it didn't help

Mainly no power to sat nav although been told it's been disconnected and no plans to reconnect as would never use it

Fogs fitted as must haves for MOT. Look for a rocker switch with a red light that's the norm

Not seen the corner sensors and no mention in the manual

Reverse tilt also doesnt work. No mention in manual

Thanks guys. Yes it makes sense that the Sat Nav may be disconnected and its a redundant feature at present so no big deal. There is a rocker switch to the right under steering column but it does not operate the fogs. I will check fuses. I can live without the mirrors tilting although I thought this was a feature of the ST. The corner sensors are a mystery. I want them working esp, due to the zed's big butt. - Anyone know what the little button labelled 'Auto' is for located near TCS switch right side under steering column?

Edited by jamess115

That little button activates or disables the mirror tilt feature. Put your car in reverse (ignition on) and press it once (it does not click or anything) - you may find your mirrors suddenly start tilting. It enables and disables this feature. :thumbs:

To make them fold, the armrest rocker switch must be over on the right side too. Else they stay out when locking the car. Mine's a version S. I know nothing about corner sensors though.

That little button activates or disables the mirror tilt feature. Put your car in reverse (ignition on) and press it once (it does not click or anything) - you may find your mirrors suddenly start tilting. It enables and disables this feature. :thumbs:

To make them fold, the armrest rocker switch must be over on the right side too. Else they stay out when locking the car. Mine's a version S. I know nothing about corner sensors though.

Thanks for your reply. I have read this from another post on here too and have tried the steps you suggest regarding the mirrors and the button but no response. With the absence of any power to the Sat Nav, Fog light switch inop, corner sensors not working and now the mirrors; I have reached the logical deduction that the wiring in this car is buggered. :dry: