Is there a thread showing a step by step guide on how to change the cat for decat pipes?

TiN TiN

• 2 weeks later...

just gotta undo 8 bolts... use plenty of lubricant and a good 6 sided rachet socket as they will probably be coroded to sh!t

do NOT use an open ended spanner, you dont want to be rounding off the nuts, that would be a big problem!

get the car nice and high because ground clearance is nice, can get quite tight in there

one of the bolts on the headers is hard to get to, you will have to go through the engine bay to get to it or have a very small rachet to go from underneath

this video is ace, high flow cats and decats are the same size

and always use axle stands obviously

• Like 1

That's the video I used when I did mine, but it really is straight forward.

I think the brace between the cats is 4 bolts

Manifold to cat 3 bolts each side

Cat to y-pipe 2 bolts each side

And obviously the sensor on each side, in the video they have a special socket with a slit for the cable but what I did was just unplug the sensor on the loom side and feed the cable through the right size ring spanner and that works just as well.

I use the word bolts lightly as well, standard set up is a threaded stud and nut combo

For that awkward one, like the video I used a combination of 1/2" extentions (will need to remove the intakes for this)

Plus gas helps and I managed to do it all on my drive on axle stands

Watch the video a couple of times and get familiar with the proceedure, can do it in a few hours but take your time as rounding a bolt gets emotional

Edited by Scully

If its a DE , also need to move the intake pipe to gain access to bolt for passenger side.

First time took me a few hours but managed it in less than an hour a few weeks back. All depends on how free nuts n bolts are.

I've watched that video a few times, have yet to do it.

Can somebody explain the engine management light issue- will this warning light always be triggered regardless if there is a bung or for the sensors or not?

Also, does the car begin to run roughly after a while without any remaps?