Windsreen replacement!

Shenley

Just my luck, two days before its MOT and wham - huge stone strike on the windscreen, slap bang in front of the drivers view. (Obvious MOT failure).

So Insurance sorted, MOT cancelled until screen replaced.....

Autoglass contacted, but not able to fit one for 8 (EIGHT) days!!

IMG00396-20140327-1311_zps9f7048f6.jpg

Not a pleasant procedure to watch!

MOT re-booked for tomorrow.

My excess is £80, the fitter did not know the real price. Only thing of note is the top strip has to be replaced too. Not pleasant watching the bodywork being 'ripped' off.

The guy from Autoglass did a good careful job..... and then it started to sleet!

My excess is £80, the fitter did not know the real price. Only thing of note is the top strip has to be replaced too. Not pleasant watching the bodywork being 'ripped' off.

The guy from Autoglass did a good careful job..... and then it started to sleet!

dont they usually say dont get it wet or wash it for 24 hrs :scare:

Did autoglass know about the top strip or did you have to tell them ?

Autoglass had the strip as part of the package (the fitter put it over his window vents in his van on hot to make it supple). The guy knew what he was doing, took off the B pillars, then the A pillars and knew where all the fixings and screws were. No damage to any fixings.

Bottom of the screen located onto the two green clips.

.... this was the third 350 he had ever done.........