Can't believe how cheap my car insurance is!

stuarty

Last year i paid £260 to insure my BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si with churchill.

Got my renewal in last week and it had went up to £458 after a phone call they reduced it to £408.

I tried a few companies and managed to get it down to £297 with Tesco.

Churchill are advertising 80% discount for drivers with 8+ years NCB. I did an internet quote as a new customer and they now offer a multi car discount as my wife's car is insured with them and a multi product discount as my home insurance is with them. The quote was for me and my wife driving up to 8000 miles per year with legal cover, basic courtesy car cover and basic breakdown cover £148.

The compulsory excess was £300 and a voluntary excess of £350. I reduced the voluntary excess to £0 and the premium went up by £2 to £150.

I called them up to make sure I could get the new quote price and they simply priced matched it onto my renewal quote!

Edited by stuarty

As im looking to buy a 350, i called my insurance yesterday... im 24 and live in an East London @*!# hole area, i currently own a 1.6, i got a quote as i currently pay 500, i was expecting him to say for the last 7 months of the policy, its going to be an extra 1200-2000 lol he said yeah erm,,, £160 wooo lol.

• Like 1