ECU swapping

Blimsa

My old lady has written off my car less than a month after I bought uprev and had it mapped. Only exhaust and filter mods but would like to put the ecu in another car with my exhaust and filters in.

Anyone have any clue on this? Need to know ASAP

i'm sure you can pull the license of the original ecu and transfer it to a new one. Worth speaking to mark at abbey. Every engine runs different so you would still need the new engine mapped in again. If you own the license though its only dyno/tuning time you will pay.

You can have the uprev license removed and stored by the garage that did it, then put it back on the new car.

You can swap like for like ECU's but the NATS will stop the car starting so will need recoding or disabling this applies in both cars.

Also if you swap the ECU the map was to the engine so really it needs a dyno run anyway :)

My old lady has written off my car less than a month after I bought uprev and had it mapped. Only exhaust and filter mods but would like to put the ecu in another car with my exhaust and filters in.

Anyone have any clue on this? Need to know ASAP

Was just going to say that I have no experience in upreving and ECUs but have a couple of divorces under my belt so - but then saw your next post... :dry:

Edited by Wayne370Z