limp home mode

mark_j

hi please help

my 350z roadster has been sorn all winter, with the good weather thought it time to bring back in to service, battery flat but jump started no problem, engine management light on as is the traction control light and car will only tick over, no throttle at all, limped to my local garage who read the fault codes and it came up with, throttle position sensor fault but did not hint at which one, anyone experienced same or can recommend and indy within towing distance of wells somerset, any help greatly appreciated.

hi please help

my 350z roadster has been sorn all winter, with the good weather thought it time to bring back in to service, battery flat but jump started no problem, engine management light on as is the traction control light and car will only tick over, no throttle at all, limped to my local garage who read the fault codes and it came up with, throttle position sensor fault but did not hint at which one, anyone experienced same or can recommend and indy within towing distance of wells somerset, any help greatly appreciated.

•  

There is throttle position reset procedure and idle air reset procedure. both are in the guides section . Have a go at them before you spend any money.

Also, poorly batteries do funny things to the zed. If its gone into deep discharge probably worth getting a new one.

Edited by Sam Mcgoo
  • Like 1

hi please help

I've got a good towing bar you're welcome to borrow. I'm in Trowbridge. ;)

Hi mate,

Mine was sorn all winter too and I had pretty much exactly the same problem as you - jump started it but it only went into limp mode with various error codes. Here is my thread:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80096-p1211-throttle-control-actuator/

Before you take it to a garage, get the car started and let it run for a good 20-30 mins to get the battery charged up and then take it for a drive. Hopefully this will get your battery back up to proper operating capacity.

You will then need to do an ecu reset to clear the fault codes.

After that it should hopefully be fine - if any error codes return then get them checked out.

Good luck :thumbs:

hi please help

Same happend to me. Used my £15 reader got the code, googled it then cleaned took my throttle body off and cleaned it out , put it back on and was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk