Help with fitting a new Pioneer HU

pjf1985

The setup is a bit different to my JVC unit but as long as you havr the cable to convert the two headunit wiring plugs from the car into the stereo itself then it should fire up fine. The wiring runs through the bose amp so a little tip is to turn off the speed sensitive volume via the old stereo before you change them (an irritation i now live with because the new headunit doesn't have the control for it). The steering control adapter is optional but if you don't fit it right away, mkae sure the wire from the car for it (blue and labelled iirc) is accessible near the air con module to save takin the console out fully when you come to do it. If your headunit has a usb plug on the back like mine, you can run it under the gear gator to the centre box (hassle but worth it imo). Last thing, check the antenna connection on the stereo, you might need a cheap eee plug converter (had to do this on other cars over the years). Otherwise everythin should be roses if the site links the unit to the accessories

The setup is a bit different to my JVC unit but as long as you havr the cable to convert the two headunit wiring plugs from the car into the stereo itself then it should fire up fine. The wiring runs through the bose amp so a little tip is to turn off the speed sensitive volume via the old stereo before you change them (an irritation i now live with because the new headunit doesn't have the control for it). The steering control adapter is optional but if you don't fit it right away, mkae sure the wire from the car for it (blue and labelled iirc) is accessible near the air con module to save takin the console out fully when you come to do it. If your headunit has a usb plug on the back like mine, you can run it under the gear gator to the centre box (hassle but worth it imo). Last thing, check the antenna connection on the stereo, you might need a cheap eee plug converter (had to do this on other cars over the years). Otherwise everythin should be roses if the site links the unit to the accessories

Cheers guys! So essentially I could fit the HU out of the box without anything else to begin with, and add the steering wheel functionality at a later date? Also is the double din fascia required?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this is the one I need if not using steering wheel controls?

http://www.npautopar...godVrYAiA#74605

Does anyone know if this is the one I need if not using steering wheel controls?

http://www.npautopar...godVrYAiA#74605

Ì bought this for my 2004 nissan with bose. http://www.ebay.com/itm/390644369637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

works perfect only thing i needed to do was to ground all black cables to a nice ground. I had no issue whatsoever with bad sound quality or low sound. I installed a pioneer avh-x8500bt. very good framefit i was 100% happy with the product.

here is the kit for your car, with the steering wheel kit included. http://www.ebay.com/itm/350-Z-CAR-STEREO-DASH-INSTALLATION-KIT-W-WIRING-HARNESS-STEERING-WHEEL-CONTROLS-/360820047902?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A350Z&vxp=mtr&hash=item54028d001e

here is the kit for your car without the steering wheel kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2008-350-Z-COMPLETE-CAR-STEREO-DASH-INSTALLATION-TRIM-KIT-W-WIRING-HARNESS-/390644373202?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A350Z&vxp=mtr&hash=item5af43816d2

Ive just ordered the exact same 'kit' and headunit Briggsybriggs1! Having ordered it, without checking (stupidly) if it had in-built bluetooth to use the hands free? Any ideas? Different websites seem to say different things! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol yep my head unit came with blue tooth :-) you can play music with it and make calls with it hands free. You just need to run a mic on to the top off the dash :-)

Which model did you order? I've ordered a AVH 1400 (?). It looks more or less exactly the same as the one you've bought, but don't think I have bluetooth....:-( Think i need to buy a 'bluetooth' adapter

Bought it off Fleabay, saw it for a reasonable price & got overly excited on the bidding! :lol: was actually bidding on one with the bluetooth not long before! Will the original bose hands free work somehow with the headunit, or is it just worth me re-listing it on ebay & buying another one?

Having trouble sourcing the bluetooth adapter...some from the US at about £140!!!

Is it just the microphone you need? That's all I have...

From reading, the bluetooth is not in-built to the headunit I've bought. Therefore, to get the hands free to work, I understand I need a bluetooth adapter? Im a little confused tbh, will have to have a look when it arrives in the post. Was rather hoping would possible be able to just connect the original hands-free to the aftermarket unit.

Sorry for hijacking the thread pjf1985! :)

Get back to your own thread haha! :p

Yep you'll need a new HU or a bluetooth adapter if Blueooth is that important to you I'm afraid!

plus 1 on that just re sell it and get a 2400 one easy :-) I only payed £245 for my head unit new from a shop in Manchester

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

Sorry for hijacking the thread pjf1985! :)

Get back to your own thread haha! :p

Yep you'll need a new HU or a bluetooth adapter if Blueooth is that important to you I'm afraid!

plus 1 on that just re sell it and get a 2400 one easy :-) I only payed £245 for my head unit new from a shop in Manchester

I got mine off ebay for only £165 posted second hand! Then paid like £70 for an installation kit