Advice on air compressors

Harryjax

Try to get the biggest size tank you can. Otherwise as Mark mentioned it will be cutting on & off every time you try to take a wheel nut off with an air wrench. :lol:;)

Also it can be a good idea to build a box to put the compressor in so that it helps keep the noise levels down if you are using it a lot in your garage. :thumbs:

Try to get the biggest size tank you can. Otherwise as Mark mentioned it will be cutting on & off every time you try to take a wheel nut off with an air wrench. :lol:;)

Also it can be a good idea to build a box to put the compressor in so that it helps keep the noise levels down if you are using it a lot in your garage. :thumbs:

I like the box idea.

What sort of HP / air displacement (L/min) & speed (rpm) should I be aiming for?

As above , the size of the tank is important but also look at what tools you intend to use with it and their CFM requirements, ie the actual volume of air needed rather than the pressure and this will tell you what output you need. For instance an air impact wrench will require about 6CFM as apposed to a spraygun needing 2 or 3 CFM.

• Like 1

As above , the size of the tank is important but also look at what tools you intend to use with it and their CFM requirements, ie the actual volume of air needed rather than the pressure and this will tell you what output you need. For instance an air impact wrench will require about 6CFM as apposed to a spraygun needing 2 or 3 CFM.

+1. :thumbs:

Being an air compressor engineering manager, I would suggest you avoid the Clarke type compressors from machinemart etc. they are very cheap and will last you circa 12/15 months.

I can point you into something that will be just what you require, I can offer you 25% off a quality compressor if bought from the company I work for. Please pm me if you want to know more. Also what's your budget?

• Like 1

Coincidentally, I saw one on offer in Aldi today. Might not be what you're after. They're doing tools too.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-13th-march/product-detail/ps/p/25hp-air-compressor/

That looks no different to the others I've looked at online. Spec slightly better than some.

And what a cracking price.

I will definatly look at this.

Good spot Chubbster :thumbs:

And aldi have a 60 day like it or your money back policy.

Win win.

If noise is going to be an issue have a look at vein type .

Hydrovane compressors will cost quite a lot to run in maintenance costs tho.

Just a mention for any compressor owner looking for cheap parts/oils.

Go to

www.compressedairparts.com.

Edited by Zugara