electrical trouble

jayrishi

Hi there seems my passenger door window has stopped working, i thought it may be the motor at first but the motor works perfect tried on drive side door connections. I believe it may be down to an electrical problem. I have tested to see if there is any power running through the cable I'm getting strong power to the window button on the passenger down but the harness that feeds to the window motor seems to loose so much power that it berley even lights the tester. It still shows though there is some power getting there but not enough to operate the window.

Any ideas???

Think you need to diagnose the problem properly first mate. I can help you out with parts but no point in throwing parts at it you don't need. I think you may just need a new window motor but it could be the switch :thumbs:

Well I can sell you a door loom if that is what your after. If it's your main cabin harness then a repair is better than swapping due to dash out. I would check the plug that goes from the door to the car body. You will need a 10mm spanner. Have a look at the pins and connections there, then clean and refit. I would maybe try a switch first as its the cheapest and most obvious :thumbs: