MOT fail today

snoged

completely standard no mods

Hhmm. Could this be a sign the Cats are on their way out I wonder?! :dry: Or again could it just be they needed warming up more before the test?!

Did you take it for a long drive before the test or was it tested after just sitting there cold for awhile?

a bit of info had the car a year last month just after i bought it i was given a company car but after a few weeks driving the Zed i was not going to be selling so i have only done 3500 miles in that time and for the last 2 weeks has not moved started up last weekend just to keep the battery charged and then sat for a week before a 25min drive for the MOT so after the fail today i did phone Mark at Abbey and he suggested i took it in for a check because as you rightly point out it needs to have them cats warmed up (which i bet the mot station didnt do) ( just thought i would post on here to gain a bit of knowledge and advice)

especially as the fist thing the guy said to me was " what a lovely looking car"(which i kind of took as "i aint seen one of them before" )! oh dear

so i think the best thing i can do is let the proper folk have a look

and at the worst way a new sensor is around £180 Mark says

next time ill take it to someone who knows the car