Pac-roem problem

monkeybizz

Ok guys im trying to hook this up to my JVC HU harness. I have matched up and spliced all wires apart from the low level ones on the pac-roem.

My JVC harness doesnt have these ? So what do i do with them? Following are unconnected:

front left

+ low level wht/red

front right

+ low gry/red

rear left

+ low green/red

rear right

+ low purple/red

Any help would be great guys :)

Hey nope i didnt bother, i bought one but as the JVC HU input is not ISO format, so the micra loom would not fit. So i would have to splice twice as many wires if i am thinking abt it correctly.

Im looking at the PC2-76-4 micra loom right now, it doesnt have any Low Level wires either :|

I figured it out that am ok to leave those wires unconnected from the website:

Question: The OEM-1 with the RAD-UNV wire harness has wires with a red stripe. What are they for?

Answer: They are the positive inputs for used for low power headunits typically 20x4 watts or less. If the aftermarket radio speaker outputs are 25x4 watts or higher use the standard EIA wire colors or another word, just wire the aftermarket wire harness to our harness color for color.

Only have the SWI-JACK to go now :) Then i can rip open the Z hehe

Just to clarify, if your HU outputs more than 25wx4 or more then you should use the High Output wires. Most modern HU do that these days. They also should match to the ISO wires for the speakers so just match them up. I did this for my HU and it all works fine :thumbs:

Let us know how you get on with the SWI-JACK and how useful the control are to have as I'm contemplating getting one.

Finally got everything fitted in and hooked up :) Works and sounds a treat.

Had a slight problem with the SWI-JACK spent one hour looking for the remote inout on the head unit :\ turned out it was on another lead that came with the HU oops :p

Other than that the SWI-JACK is working fine. I guess if you want to be able to use the steering wheel buttons it is useful. Why have buttons that dont do anything? Makes car seem a bit cheap imho hehe