idea for forum charity fundraiser

davedutch

Hi all,

Just got back from family trip to France and stopped off at LeMans circuit to see museum etc, whilst there we paid to get into circuit and stumbled upon a charity cancer fundraiser, the French Lotus owners club had organised paid passenger laps round the circuit and the drivers weren't hanging around.

Now i don't feel i have skills to actually do this safely or contacts to organise it but thought i would put it out as an idea if someone wants to pursue it, i would be more than happy to assist in any way.

Nice idea but surely insurance requirements would be prohibitive? Most years the forum raises money for charity by holding a raffle linked to the annual Wales meet. An announcement will be made during the next few days.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Both are good points, safety and insurance must always be top priority. I just liked the idea and it seemed to work so well but as I said my skills are not high enough to undertake such an event and I suppose the risk is others feeling their ability is greater than it actually is. Perhaps this is not such a good idea but all ideas need to be put out there.

I have been keen for a while to find something I can do to help a good cause, I like the xmas toy run for instance - just needs to involve more local hospitals