Free stuff for stereo help!

Daryl

Well iv got all my boot trim out and feeding the cables through to the front. The guide by Aftershox is really helping. Am i right in thinking that if i wired the red power cable to a permenent live, then i would be able to watch the feed any time? I have the violet and white cable coming from the HU, which im guessing is where this red cable should go with, but will the feed still work if i dont connect the violet cable to the live of the camera?

Well iv got all my boot trim out and feeding the cables through to the front. The guide by Aftershox is really helping. Am i right in thinking that if i wired the red power cable to a permenent live, then i would be able to watch the feed any time? I have the violet and white cable coming from the HU, which im guessing is where this red cable should go with, but will the feed still work if i dont connect the violet cable to the live of the camera?

You lost me at Boot trim :lol: thought you were just switching over HU

One cable will need to be connected somewhere to make it live all the time if you want it available while the cars on.

Edited by grundy225

Ah sorry, yes it came with a rear view camera, which is what i spent the morning doing, was pretty easy to feed the wires through to the front. Though im unsure what happens if i hook the live up to a permanent live, instead of the switchable one on the head unit. Will i have to manually activate the HU for it to switch to the camera, or will it still do this automatically?

Ah sorry, yes it came with a rear view camera, which is what i spent the morning doing, was pretty easy to feed the wires through to the front. Though im unsure what happens if i hook the live up to a permanent live, instead of the switchable one on the head unit. Will i have to manually activate the HU for it to switch to the camera, or will it still do this automatically?

If the scenario is what I'm thinking, plug it all in, and just hold the other wire and touch some metal etc running tests to see if camera comes on etc.

Wouldn't you wire it into something like the live from the reversing light. So that it's only active whilst reversing? Not sure how possible that is mind :)

Thought about that, but then finding said cable id imagine wouldnt be easy, and didnt know if having the camera on a permanent feed would be useful, but having slept on it probably more distracting. As iv already got the cables to the front now, il try hooking it up to the switchable live on the head unit, and go from there.

Edited by Daryl

New ICT loom arrived today, looks good, and shows what a gash job the original owner did to the loom. Now much happier and confident that when the weather improves,il be able to wire this up with few problems.

I hope that the original owners 370Z isnt as bodged as this.

New ICT loom arrived today, looks good, and shows what a gash job the original owner did to the loom. Now much happier and confident that when the weather improves,il be able to wire this up with few problems.

Hurrah! Glad you've had a result at last :) You've got me curious as to who it is now :lol:

Hurrah! Glad you've had a result at last :) You've got me curious as to who it is now :lol:

+1

If you are interested,then drop me a PM, as much as im angry about the whole situation, i dont think its right for me to publically name and shame the culprit. Despite the extra cost and hassle it has caused me. He is a very popular chap on here,and i dont want to create more of a scene.

Well there is light at the end if the tunnel. Didnt get the stereo fitted as such, but got the centre console out, and yesterday id fed the wired for the reversing camera through the car. Just before i ran out of time before work, i quickly hooked the HU up and was delighted to find it all worked a treat. Didnt try the iphone plugged in, but radio and CD's work fine. The I T loom arrived yesterday, and basically i cant see how i would have got it all wired up with out it, which is a result and a disappointment at the same time. As i was originally told everything was supplied, again by the original owner.

• Like 1

Was just a little time consuming to be honest,as had to strip the boot plastics out and then the passenger side lower dash area. Taped up all the cables too, so they are not going anywhere and not at a risk of being caught up when the plastics are put back. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, phase 1 will be complete. Phase 2 will be installing the bluetooth module and mic for it, but the important thing is the choons.

Well its all in,and working,in a fashion. Everything apart from the sterring wheel controls work. However,they were working before i had the massive ball ache of trying to get all the cables,HU and aircon box back in. Hopefully its just a case of a loose connection, rather than a severed wire ir anything. Rear camera should hopefully be in tomorrow, but atleast i can listen to my choons on the way to the Beacons tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Got alot to do in the morning still, got to strip part of the dash out again, and see why the steering wheel controls are not working, and need to get the boot re-assembled too. The repair to the rear view camera isnt done, which is a bugger, as was hoping to fit that tomorrow, but if all else fails, if i cant fit it at work, then il do it next week, its not the end of the world. The music works, which is the main thing. The HU is slightly out of allignment, and as result, when it tilts, it catches in one corner, hopefully should be an easy fix. Got to pack tomorrow for a stag do in Cantref. Im leaving straight after work at 9 tomorrow, so hopefully should have a fairly easy run, though there appears to be no straight route there