airbag light flashing, drivers airbag module open

Arran

Evening all

Couple days ago the airbag light came on flashing so I tried to reset the light via the key method but came straight back on after diagnostic mode, plugged it into snap on and it comes up with code b1049 drivers airbag module open. Just realised that I have no horn now :lol:

Could it be the actual airbag or the clock spring behind it? Bearing in mind my steering angle sensor is ****ed aswell so my esp and skid lights are on but I know how that was caused so no issue there. I have the part already to fit aswell as a spare clock spring. Just wondering wether the clock spring is gone or the airbag

What you reckon all?

Cheers

Excellent thanks lee, just aswell ive got that complete unit spare with steering angle sensor.

Is it hard to fit? Might give it a bash later when the weather sorts itself out

I take it all the lights will turn off once fitted or do I need it plugged into nissan?

When fitting make sure the clock spring cannot rotate using some tape that can earily be removed before fitting the steering wheel. Once fitted you have to have the srs light reset.

Easy to do but make sure batter is disconnected prior to taking this on :thumbs:

• 1 year later...