Speeding Biker, what do you think he will get?

MickJ

Young lad at our place, got a 750 Suzuki, phoned in Monday morning saying he can't get to work can he have some time off, when asked why he said he'd been arrested, when he was asked why he'd been arrested for speeding he says, for doing 140mph! oh dear methinks he's right in the mire, I reckon looking at maybe 18 month ban, retest and about £400 fine.

So no doubt this case will be in our local paper soon and maybe the local news as well.

As its a driving offence, and you can almost hear the treasury rubbing their hands together, expect a lengthy ban and a very large fine.

In fact, looking at it, the punishemnt for speeding, loss of liscence and possibly income as a result plus the fine, seems to be a harsher penalty than you would get for a first time offence such as assault where you would probably get a smaller fine and a stern talking to.

Such is the British justice system and the great big cash cow motorist.

Although that doesnt condone speeding - 140mph in any vehicle, especially a bike, is just asking for God to click his fingers and clock your card out.

Weren't a couple of bikers thrown in jail for 12 months because they caught doing 145mph? I'm sure the clever "justice" people will find some harmless murderer/paedophile/terrorist to release early in order to open up a spot in the slammer for this vicious convicted motorist... :angry:

Not condoning speeding at all, but if you're gonna do it in such a way, at least find a place where you won't get caught...

I'm a great believer in "Time and Place". 140 mph on a modern big bike is no big deal at all it just depends when and where and how much traffic was around him. It could well be that it was highly irresponsible, or it could well be no great shakes and he was just unlucky to get caught.

Spoke to the lad today, although the cops said he hit 140mph they are taking the average of 107mph, it was on a dual carriageway, 70mph limit, A46 between Tollgate and TGiF (Zedman prob know it), he says he's going to Halfords to pick his next bike this weekend........... :dry:

Agreed......

I "haven't" experienced 165mph on a bike coming back from Scotland one weekend......... ;)

I wouldn't dream of doing such things at 7am on a Sunday morning when nobody is around :teeth:

Nah, firstly he said he "hadn't" and second he didn't admit he was riding, he just "experienced" 165mph.

Maybe he was an unwilling passenger trying desperatly to get the maniac rider to slow down ;)

Nah, firstly he said he "hadn't" and second he didn't admit he was riding, he just "experienced" 165mph.

Maybe he was an unwilling passenger trying desperatly to get the maniac rider to slow down ;)

Exactly....... and I haven't got a bike, and even if I hadn't hadn't ..... it could all be bravado couldn't it?!

Oh and would never experience that as a pillion! Hated that at 30mph never mind anything approaching that speed :wacko:

;)