Whining noise when cold

Kurtoski

Hi Guys,

Only had my Zed a week or so. I've noticed a whining noise when I depress the accelerator when in gear. It goes off after about 5inute when the engine is warmer. This only happens on the cold morning we've had, when I drive to work. Even if I drive my car when the engine is cold it doesn't do it. Just does it when it's been around 0 degrees for hours. Is this something to worry about? I've heard it may be to do with the oils in the diff or what not when it's cold they're thickers this creating the whining noise. Is this bull or does it sound about right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's the same noise I get when I drive my car when it's been cold then wouldn't worry about it as mine has done this since I've had mine. The more you push the accelerator pedal the louder the whiny noise becomes?

Edited by Humpy

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue on mine although I described it as a whistle. Only does it when its cold, as soon as it's warmed up a little bit then it's fine. Not sure if I should be worried or if it needs looking at?

Sadly I also get this symptom, almost sounds like you have a window down a fraction and get that whistling noise.