Oil smell when heater is turned on !

JEMAN

Hi all ! When I turn my heater on, there is a oil smell that comes into the car. It doesn't happen with air con on or the fan on cool. I have no oil stains on my driveway...........does anyone have any ideas as to what it might be ?

Cheers

Mark

Have you checked your rad with the cap off (WHEN COLD!) to see if there are signs of oil, or taken the oil filler cap off and to see if there is grey film showing? Hope there is not either oil or water respectively in them, but that is what I would do first.

Cheers guys, I've check oil cap and radiator.......and all looks clear. Dipstick is bang on with level. Had service a couple of months ago using Shell Edge...........it's just bugging me. I will check tomorrow for cam cover leaks, so fingers crossed. If that's the case, how much would you pay for cam cover gasket replacement ?

I have a similar issue with mine, I get an oil smell when the car is warm and I come to stop at a junction etc... its driving me mad. I have checked heads, spark plug holes and everywhere that oil is leaking and nothing.. I would love to find the cause..