Competition Clutch now in stock!!

Well that's us stocked up with clutches again! We now have the full Competition Clutch range in stock and ready for next day shipping. We would like to thank Competition clutch for extending the excellent offer they have on the range of clutches!

So if you are needing a fresh clutch drop us a line!

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77927-competition-clutch-introductory-forum-prices/

Stock_zps6513ab2f.jpg

Hi guys,

I've got a VQ35DE non-revvup, and need a new clutch (and flywheel I think 'should' be changed, but you can advise better...). I'm just looking for an organic stock replacement rather than a performance upgrade as my clutch is currently slipping a lot if I floor it in 2nd and 3rd. Engine redlines and the car literally does nothing.

Please advise :)

Hi mate

As the 350Z runs a dual mass flywheel its normally advisable to change this at the same time as the clutch. The Stage 2 that is on offer is fine for everyday road use and if ran with their lightweight flywheel is a nice upgrade, that combo is £675 including free delivery.

Alternatively we also stock the Exedy OEM clutch kit with uprated release bearing for £275, you would use this with the Competition Clutch lightweight flywheel at £350 or we also sell the OEM LUK dual mass flywheel for £345 if you want to remain with the stock setup. To be honest though most people upgrade to the lightweight singla mass flywheel.

All this is in stock for next day delivery as well as the correct Nissan gear oils, Molyslip additive, spigot bearing and everything else you could need for a clutch change.

Drop me a PM if I can help further :)

Ewen

As the SMF is a one piece lighter unit it changes the mass and inertia which in turn allows the engine to spin up faster. However, due to not having any damping properties like the DMF you may potentially experience some gearbox idler chatter below 1500 rpm but a slight change to your driving style will help to eliminate that. In our opinion the increase in performance far outweighs any negatives and as I mentioned is our most popular choice.

Oh ok, makes sense! Yeah I'd definitely go for performance over an extra bit of rattle! I tend never to sit under 2-2.5k much at all anyway, (even when stationary :p)

Would the lighter flywheel work with a stage1 or organic clutch too? What would be the prices for those? Sorry for all the qns but couldn't find a website with prices