Running Ipod/Iphone cable through centre console?

Scott TMN

Just in the process of fitting my new headunit and would like it to come up into the little storage compartment where the blutooth cradle/your elbow sits. Just wondering how you go about this or if anyone has theirs in a better place?

cheers :)

ps my steering controls are not working?? no common ways to go wrong here is there? cheers again!

:)

Your best bet is to take your Centre plastic off ie remove the gear surround then the plastic along the centre off the car it's easy to strip out that's what I would do just a idea :-) we're is your connection from your head unit and what head unity are you running ?

And about your steering wheel controls you need to get a part to make them work :-) can't remember what it's called off hand sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

thank for the reply, gear surround and above are all out at the moment. :)

iv got a pioneer avh-x15000dvd with all the right leads, everything is working bar the steering wheel, will have another play tommorow night and report back though.

i was thinking as my gear surround is off, could i feed the wire under that, through into the back like that? I thought the rear storage cubby;s floor came out? cant see anything obvious though ..:S cant seem to work out how others have done it aha

You dont need to take the whole center out. Just the gear surround then feed it through under the storage area. The center of the base pulls out and you can feed it through. I did this with my aux a couple of weeks ago. Can get a photo tommorow if it will help :)

o really, that sounds like what i was hoping to hear :) i did try pulling it, just obviously not hard enough, did you drill a hole in it i take it?

Cant remember exactly but certainly no drilling! There is a hole to allow the cable for the phone cradle i think? I removed the phone cradle and used the existing hole.

Yeah I did Kyle, defiantly have the right leads, probably/hopefully me just being stupid somewhere.

Was just wondering if there was something additional I needed to do other than plug and play.

As for the storage compartment, I still have no idea how this pulls out?

C20A307E-69CD-4B80-8217-F5EEDC8D8345-2403-00000127040941D5_zpsad381a4a.jpg

just an update, both things fixed, sorted and complete. :)

steering wheel controls were not working because I had it in the wrong aux port :bang: (there was 2 at the back) lol

and managed to get the floor out, need to pull something to one side on the cradle to expose a screw, undo that and then it lifts out :) not have my iphone cable dangling in that now :)

cheers for the replies guys

just an update, both things fixed, sorted and complete. :)

steering wheel controls were not working because I had it in the wrong aux port :bang: (there was 2 at the back) lol

and managed to get the floor out, need to pull something to one side on the cradle to expose a screw, undo that and then it lifts out :) not have my iphone cable dangling in that now :)

cheers for the replies guys

Glad you sorted it! Simple but handy mod :)