New slave cylinder = new clutch?

Xmassteppes

Apologies for another clutch question it seems to be a common topic! But have quick question which would really appreciate some advice on!

My clutch pedal won't return from being fully depressed, L&G diagnosed as the slave cylinder, which from looking around some of the other posts seems a common and relatively inexpensive problem.

I've been told though that this would probably require new clutch too, which as far as I can tell isn't true? Also does replacing the cylinder require the clutch to be removed?

Cheers

Dave

to quote xmassteppes....

"Owner from Manchester here! Running an HR zed in British Racing Ginger (or temper orange, not everyone's cup of tea but I love it!). Currently have Milltek exhaust, Berks HFC and Uprev remap from TDI, and slightly worried this is the start of a very slippery slope!!!"

• Like 1

Cheers guys - yeah L&G have done a few bits for me now and have been great. Is more for my own knowledge as much as anything (I am a mechanical numpty :lol:)

Currently running at £28k miles (car is 7 years old) so if I can, I would like to keep the current clutch and save the £££. Should be getting a call today to hear what state the clutch itself is in.....

Thanks again for the quick responses :)