Great news at last, 2 yrs on after my accident!

rickya

Yeah my insurer pays me until claim settled. In this case it went to court as no one would claim to take liability. Now my insurance company will get back the £14k from other insurance company . Taken 2 blemin yrs!!

Yeah my insurer pays me until claim settled. In this case it went to court as no one would claim to take liability. Now my insurance company will get back the £14k they paid me back then for my car. Taken 2 blemin yrs!!

I'm lost a bit too...

You have to pay back 14k! or were you awarded 23kish and they will take the 14k from this, leaving you with th 9k? :headhurt:

Looks a nasty smash mate, lucky you weren't hurt.

Insurance is a total scam. About 18 months ago I was travelling with the wife and kids, wife driving in her 328i Convertible. Half way around a roundabout a woman pulls out of a side road right into the side of us. I was in the passenger seat and saw the woman just completely fail to see us and drive right at us without braking. She collided with our passenger side rear quarter. She denied liability and claimed we had cut across her path - how could we have cut across her path on a roundabout when she was waiting at a side road ? The highway code states you give way to traffic coming from your right, and also that traffic already on a roundabout has right of way, so she had no business pulling out until we had passed.

Anyway, long story short, after about 6 weeks of messing about with insurance companies I paid for my wifes damage because she had owned the car for 1 week. It was her pride and joy, she had saved her wages etc and paid £8000 for the car and I just couldn't see her driving around with £1500 worth of damage, so I fixed it for her expecting a cheque from the Insurance company soon after.

18 months later we are still waiting to be paid out, the woman is still denying it was her fault and we have had solicitors on the case right from the start. We actually sold the car about a year ago !!!

This is the first time I have ever tried to claim off my car insurance in 23 years. It's just total bxllxcks and I wouldn't bother buying Insurance any more if it wasn't a legal requirement.

Agree, i had my accident in oct 2003, still waiting..... :thumbdown:

Insurance is a total scam.

18 months later we are still waiting to be paid out, the woman is still denying it was her fault and we have had solicitors on the case right from the start. We actually sold the car about a year ago !!!

This is the first time I have ever tried to claim off my car insurance in 23 years. It's just total bxllxcks and I wouldn't bother buying Insurance any more if it wasn't a legal requirement.

Agree, i had my accident in oct 2003, still waiting..... :thumbdown:

Thats just disgraceful. Insurance companies think they are a law unto themselves, there ought to be some governing body who they have to answer to in cases like this. They won't wait 4 years to collect your premium !

All you can do is change companies, thats what I did at my last renewal.

The biggest thing for me was that I'm on a trade insurance policy and when we lost 2 years no claims bonus due to no fault of our own the premium went up by £2,000, so it not only cost me £1,500 to repair our damage but it cost my business an extra £2,000 at renewal. Total cost of that woman driving into us was £3,500 and there was absolutely nothing we could have done to avoid her hitting us. It's a total farce.

Dan I agree.

Ash thats a long wait since 2003!

I got hit from behind while stationory at the lights & that took 2 yrs after hundreds of phone calls to the insurance co solicitors. I still havent recieved the final sum of money. Also for two years had to pay for insurance policies, an extra 150 quid approx on 2 cars, thats 600 pounds for having an unresolved accident hanging over my head, though it wasn't my fault. You dont get that money back. :angry:

exactly there really is a need for these companies to adhere to some standards. Everytime i call the solicitor which i have now given up since last year, told me, they are waiting for various people to go out and check the lights, road conditions etc, how Bl**dy long does that take to do..!! not 4 years.!! :angry:

changing insurance providers is what i did, but would love to see my excess back though right now, of £450. although i did push them to get my car repaired by BMW themselves and not some "approved recommended" garage.

might dig out the paperwork and start calling them again next week.

Also for two years had to pay for insurance policies, an extra 150 quid approx on 2 cars, thats 600 pounds for having an unresolved accident hanging over my head, though it wasn't my fault. You dont get that money back. :angry:

I have been told that once my no claims bonus is finally re-instated I will get the difference in the premium back. But I have also been told by an insurance assesor that accidents on roundabouts are almost always settled 50:50, and in that event I won't get my no claims bonus back.

What really bugs me is that the woman that hit us had only just passed her test and bought a little Suzuki dollop of shxte with free Insurance. Her car was repaired free of charge within days of the accident whereas our car would still be driving around damaged right now if I hadn't paid to get it repaired myself.

It's just so frustrating that she has got away with this simply by denying responsibilty. It's basically a stalemate and could go on forever. There were plenty of witnesses at the scene but it seemed so cut and dried to me that I never took any names and addresses, but then you would expect any decent person to have admitted it was her mistake and not lied about it.

My wife occasionally gets wound up and starts crying over it out of frustration and I just tell her to forget all about it. One day a cheque might drop through the letterbox but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I just think it's outrageous that something like this can be allowed to drag on so long.