350z - a years ownership

neo

i've had a Z for just over a year,doesn't time fly when your having fun B)

the first rear wheel drive i've had so was a little nervous to start with,well still am today when there's heavy rain or snow/ice :blush:

got to say it's the best looking car on the road and not that many about either, get loads of looks some of them VERY jealous,like they almost wanna beat me up or something just because of the car i own :lol:

so here's to another year of happy Z'ing

I get some admiring glances directed towards mine too. Interestingly, my mate has a 996 carrera 4, and he complained recently to me that he got lots of general aggression- I found it hard to believe until we went out for a bit of a razz in our respective babies. At one memorable set of lights, he got some V-signs from the kerbside chavs, but I just got some "hmm, looks nice, not sure whether to abuse you or just look on admiringly" from the said chavs.

I actually think the Nissan badge works in our favour sometimes- makes it a bit easier for people to relate with us, and doesn't generate that "them and us" feel that pricier supercars do...

Just my tuppence :)

My wife drives mine most of the time (and does a lot of posing B) ) and only gets positive reviews, (could be a woman thing) :dry:

The other week at work they had important visitors, so they moved all the scrap to the back car park. The big boss asked where the visitors are, only to be told they we on the car park admiring the 350Z (with the scrap in view) he was not best pleased.

:angry:

I have hit just over 9 months and just over 5k miles in the Roadster and love it.

Don't take it out too often which adds to the enjoyment when I do drive it.

I was supposed to be considering taking it over to Northern Ireland in February but finances may mean that trip is cancelled. Instead there is a very good chance of it taking the trip to Devon in July for a week. May drop in at a few places on the way back up during the 2nd week including a possible detour over to Northern Ireland so that will rack up over 1k miles in one go. Might buy a petrol station before I leave :D