Help with flashing airbag light

belam88

The airbag light on my car has come on recently and having done the reset several time it continues to come back on flashing.

I have disconnected and reconnected all the cables\plugs under the seat to no avail.

On disconnecting and reconnecting all of the plugs under the seat I noticed that the cable (I believe for the seat belt plug) has no connection into the cars wiring loom on the passenger side but does on the drivers side. This doesn't seem right to me so thought it was worth asking as the next step for me is to drop the car into Nissan.

Photos of the offending plugs attached white plugs is the one that has not connection into the cars wiring loom.

post-19531-0-67902200-1389015908_thumb.jpg

post-19531-0-03939000-1389015804_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Firstly, welcome! Get a hello thread up :)

Secondly, I don't believe that the white plug is anything to do with the airbag, I think it's for the seat heaters.

What's the spec on your car? Year, UK or import etc would be good.

• Like 1

:welcome: to the forum. The yellow plugs are the SRS wires and only play with these when the battery is disconnected! Pull both seat plugs then reconnect and put the battery on, then try resetting, if they wont reset then have the codes read properly so you know where the fault is so that you can investigate further. You may have a snapped wire, dislodged pin or even worse a faulty clock spring unit.

I am sure it's an easy fix related to the seats though :thumbs:

Edited by R35LEE

Thanks for the warm welcome and replies.

Firstly its a 2005 UK model. I have already disconnected the battery left it for a good while and then disconnected the plugs under the seat after a reset it has come back on.

I don't believe the white plug is connected to the heated seat on mine as the heated seat still works on the passenger side.

I might have another go at disconnecting them all and checking the plugs and connections within again, failing that it looks like a trip to Nissan to read the fault code at least that will give me a clue as to the cause.

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by belam88

There's a reset which involves turning the key on and off multiple times (I THINK it's on, wait for the dash lights to go out, off, count to 7, repeated 4 times. Do check though) which should clear it, then if it comes back on you know you have an issue.

My airbag light came on when a water bottle rolled under the seat and hit the connector, did the reset and it was fine afterwards. The bottle had momentarily caused an issue somewhere, but not actually caused a genuine fault. It's never come back on after I did the key reset.