1/10th scale highly modified Thunder Tiger RC Impreza car

GMballistic

Too much money without the engine I'm afraid, especially for a 1/10th scale.

Most people would just pay the extra 150-200 quid for a brand new RTR HPI or similar. People don't really bother for all the hop-ups. Same as with the zed, some people like to start with a base and mod it to suit themselves.

I myself have quite a few nitro r/c cars.

Not willing to just give it away too cheap though Neil.

You can get an engine for it second hand for around £40-£60 so even if it goes at the "buy it now" price it's still a lot cheaper than a top end RTR 1/10th scale nitro car (£200-£300) that wouldn't come with anywhere near the upgrades this one has (and sometimes those come without engines too).

I know what you're saying though. ;)

Should I just strip it for parts? :lol: Any Rc breakers out there? :D

Not many people will buy a second hand engine these days though. You know yourself these engines are fragile if not tuned correctly.

For 300ish you will get a traxxas car which will do 70mph + out the box including starters, radio (Which broadcasts speeds and temps to iPhone apps etc). This is what most people look for unfortunately. I understand the money you have put into this but I think you will have issues selling it on at the price you want. Even stripped as parts you won't make that much from experience. Things have moved on very rapidly over the last while with the rc car scene.

Its worth a try selling it on ebay but I'm not sure how well you will do.

Out of interest, what engine was on it and what happened to it?

Not many people will buy a second hand engine these days though. You know yourself these engines are fragile if not tuned correctly.

For 300ish you will get a traxxas car which will do 70mph + out the box including starters, radio (Which broadcasts speeds and temps to iPhone apps etc). This is what most people look for unfortunately. I understand the money you have put into this but I think you will have issues selling it on at the price you want. Even stripped as parts you won't make that much from experience. Things have moved on very rapidly over the last while with the rc car scene.

Its worth a try selling it on ebay but I'm not sure how well you will do.

Out of interest, what engine was on it and what happened to it?

I had upgraded the engine from the stock Thunder Tiger .12 BXP to a Thunder Tiger .15 Pro ~ both engines ran great and I sold them both on eBay at different times (.12 after I had upgraded to the .15 & the .15 after I decided to sell off my nitro gear).

It is the second time I've listed the car on eBay so will see how it goes this time and then maybe consider lowering the price or stripping & selling in parts. Such a shame as probably well over £500 worth of upgrade parts ~ some of which are very hard to come by.

I've had loads of Rc vehicles over the years and tbh I'm a bit passed all that now especially the nitro ones as it can be hassle finding somewhere good or safe to run them. Wish I'd kept some though as I miss some of my old Tamiya electric models (Madcap & Lunchbox in particular) although most of the fun I had was in building them. :thumbs:

Edit: What have you got then Neil just out of interest?

Edited by GMballistic

I've got a couple of hpi rs4 cars, an hpi MT2 3.0 stadium truck, a traxxas truck, couple of tamiya electric cars also. Not had them out in a while tbh. The one I really use just now is the mt2 3.0. Had a couple of servo issues so i've bought new steel toothed waterproof High torque servos to handle a bit more abuse. Bought loads of bits last year but just not had the time to fit yet. All the cars and trucks are running hop up parts etc. Its been that long since i've had them out I can't really remember it all.

I looked at buying a jato a few months ago but never bothered as fancy getting into RC jets or helicopters. Theres a club close by that I go and watch from time to time.

I wish I had more time to play with them. Expensive game also. I was constantly spending money. Its starting to get cheaper just to bin and buy a new one at some points.

I wouldn't bother with the Helicopters as they are incredibly hard to fly and it takes years of practice to get really good with them. My brother and a close friend both had them ~ my mate smashed his to bits first flight out so it can be expensive and my brother never got passed his stabilizer phase. :lol:

If you fancy getting a helicopter still though I did buy my brother a 3 channel small metal indoor helicopter off eBay that uses a gyroscope to stabilize it and that actually was fairly easy to fly. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321265817600

I've always fancied getting a 1/5th scale rc car as there incredible but they are soooooo expensive. :scare: You could buy a decent rc truck for just the price of tyres & alloys alone in 1/5th scale. Still love rc vehicles but might leave it alone for now till I have kid's to enjoy it with or until I win the Lotto of course. :D

I wouldn't bother with the Helicopters as they are incredibly hard to fly and it takes years of practice to get really good with them. My brother and a close friend both had them ~ my mate smashed his to bits first flight out so it can be expensive and my brother never got passed his stabilizer phase. :lol:

If you fancy getting a helicopter still though I did buy my brother a 3 channel small metal indoor helicopter off eBay that uses a gyroscope to stabilize it and that actually was fairly easy to fly. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=321265817600

I've always fancied getting a 1/5th scale rc car as there incredible but they are soooooo expensive. :scare: You could buy a decent rc truck for just the price of tyres & alloys alone in 1/5th scale. Still love rc vehicles but might leave it alone for now till I have kid's to enjoy it with or until I win the Lotto of course. :D

My mate has a 1/5th car but I find its too large to run anywhere. I always fancied a proper r/c truck, i.e. a cab from an articulated truck. Watched them down in west country when I was a kid and fell in love with them. They look absolutely amazing!

Seen some cool rc trucks as well. You're probably spot on though about 1/5th scale ~ hard enough finding a decent place to run a 1/10th nitro car most of the time never mind a metre long petrol car. :lol:

Dropped the price a little today just to see if that helps gain more interest and hopefully a buyer. Three people watching it so you never know. ;)

Seen some cool rc trucks as well. You're probably spot on though about 1/5th scale ~ hard enough finding a decent place to run a 1/10th nitro car most of the time never mind a metre long petrol car. :lol:

Dropped the price a little today just to see if that helps gain more interest and hopefully a buyer. Three people watching it so you never know. ;)

Fingers crossed it goes mate! Hopefully you'll find somebody with the same car and can just swap over there engine instead of having to fit all the hop ups they have. :thumbs:

• Like 1