Changing wheels over

Zedman

Just a general question to anyone here who has 2 sets of wheels.

Do you change the wheels yourself or do you enlist the help of someone else to make the job a bit easier?

I haven't put mine back to Rays yet and won't till the end of our "summer", but will be doing myself...... just takes a little bit of time and care. But easy enough!

the problem is if you're going to get someone else to do it - how do you get the other set of wheels to the fitting centre. You either need two cars or get them to come to you. I can only fit one of my 20's inside the car and none in the boot.

I made a set of ramps to make the job easier. It takes me about 45 mins from start to finish.

Ramps5.jpg

Ramp2.jpg

Ramps.jpg

Thanks for the replies. What I meant to say, is it easier to use 2 people to lift the wheels on & off or would you just get in each others ways?

Just to save damaging them.

Yes, I wondered how the ramps help to change your wheels - or am I being dim! :surrender:

nice ramps :thumbs:

but what do you use them for I cant see the need of them to swop wheels :blush:

I think Grant has low skirts which means he can't get a trolley jack underneath ;)

Gus

and lower suspension.

I know that scenario very well :dry:

still, well worth it for the looks and handling improvements B)

Aftermarket oversized wheels ruin the handling of most cars. The manufacturers spend millions on R+D developing the cars suspension geometry around factory wheels and tyre sizes and when the owner suddenly decides he knows better all that hard work goes out the window.

The same goes for messing with the suspension.

I've had loads of boy racer cars wearing big wheels and tyres and with lowered "uprated" suspension and they all tramline severely and not one of them steered correctly. In short, they didn't drive anywhere near as well as a standard car.

They look great though :headhurt: