Rays alloys

z32bolt

Just some quick questions for you guys. I'm looking to replace my 18s on my z32, probably mid summer or even next, ie not tomorrow. I have a kitchen to pay for first and then an engine build.

My current 18s are cheap @*!#, I needed 18s to fit over my BBK so they fitted the bill. The power is going up So I'm thinking replacing with a quality brand such as rays is a wise idea, I've got visions of these Chinese things exploding. Plus robbing them from a 350 keeps it from the oem z parts catalogue I also like this. Now for the questions,

The 6 spoke rays, and the 5 spoke later ones are the same width, et and weight? What is the largest tyre that will fit width wise, 245 is a bit narrow really for my aims.

How hard to come by and what estimated costings are?

I did see some larger 5 spoke ones which are 18r and 19r on the rear simular info requests for these too please.

For the 6 spoke 18's the fronts are 8J and rears are 8.5J. ET30 and ET33 respectively.

So 265 is probably the largest rear width you would get on.

£300-£500 for just the Rays depending on condition. They do go for more than this but they will have OEM size tyres on.

255 is the largest I would on a 8.5j wheel. Anything bigger and you would start to get pinch. The car would handle like a paraplegic dolphin.

I can't remember the weight of the Rays off the top of my head, but there is a thread somewhere on the forum. probably in the FAQ section,.

Sets regularly come up for sale. Normally around the £400-£600 mark depending on condition or the wheels and if fitted with tyres.

The 5 spoke rays in 18 and 19 guise are sold as "Nismo" wheels. And come up very rarely, and I think are in excess of £1000 a set when second hand. Though it has been some time since I seen a set for sale so I could be wrong on the price.

As I say, they are pretty damn rare second hand. But can still be purchased new I believe. They used to be £1800 for all 4 (without tyres).

Are you thinking of these 5 spoke Rays?:

http://www.1scom.net/~jlkrawietz/100_0166.JPG

They are USDM only, and where not available in the uk.

UK cars had these Rays (optional up to 06, then standard)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2730/4277798159_7342541535_b.jpg

These are the Nismo rays (available in 18 and 19, and in silver or bronze)

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1130/raysnismofw2.jpg

Yeah the top ones. I do like the 6 spoke ones they über light as well. But I just dunno if I like them on the z32 and the width puts me off. The wheels I really want are rays volk cen or what ever they are called.

Rota do a very similar design but rota quality worries me and the sizes I want without tyres there nearly a grand, a lot of money for fake wheels.