Motul 300v 5w 30w today in oil service- WOW!

rickya

Had service done today & put in Motul 300v 5w 30w & what a difference it has made to the engine! Thanks Oilman :thumbs: Some of the improvment is probably purely becuase new oil compared to old, but still results are significantly better. I have used many different types of oils in various cars & never seen such a difference.

The engine revs up quicker with no pause when you put your foot down, its instantaneous & seems to rev more freely. It revs up quicker & engine seems smoother. The only way I can describe it is a bit like when you hear a 350z with a lightweight flywheel rev up (obviously not to that extent, but that kind of difference). I am quite sure this is due to the oil, its the only thing apart from filter they did in a P1 service.

Also fitted EBC redstuff brake pads, they are leaps & bounds ahead of std pads. Though not fully tested yet as not bedded in yet. They are slightly nosier than std pads but sounds kinda mean when you brake now (sounds like the Enterprise going into Warp speed in Star Trek!)

Dan Perkins Slough who did a road test after fitting were very impressed with them & couldnt believe they were only £99 for a set! They said it was a lot better than std ones & stopped instantaneously, they were surprised how good they were. Thanks CS :thumbs:

Also had headlights adjusted as were too low & they adjusted clutch which was biting too high. They did'nt tighten clutch but instead moved clutch pedal slightly lower down, so biting point is lower down & less pedal travel all over. This has helped a bit as biting point is lower & release is a lot less. I feel as if I can change gear quicker & more precisley. I dont know if this is related but gear change has become a bit firmer & notchier?? Is this to do with the clutch? Could the clutch not be engaging as fully as before?

Anyway Dan Perkins Slough very good & only charged me an extra £30 to adjust headlights (actually took 30 mins) & clutch adjustment (actually took 30mins) :thumbs: So total was £160 for P1 service; £60 to fit all brake pads; £30 to adjust clutch & realign headlights. :D

ps: I have discussed with their service manager a deal on servicing which I will post in a new topic. :yahoo:

Seemed like it was flora cooking oil in comparison! :D

I think last service I was in a rush & only had the car & let Nissan put in their own stuff IIRC maybe some Castrol etc?

Anyone got any ideas how lowering of clutch pedal has made gear change more notchy, all be it more precise though. (ps lowering clutch pedal has made for quicker clutch work & hence quicker gearchanges).

Am pleased you had a good experience at the dealer. The technical guy there was very good with me. Just a shame the service manager should really be sat in a Snap On box on wheels......

Agree re: Redstuff, I love mine. Will have to try this oil me thinks..... :thumbs:

When did you go down there H5?

For my warranty work on my gearbox last year, my P1 service and (attempted) warranty claim. All came to a head when NMGB intervened with my more recent postings about my corroding wheels at the beginning of this year.