Good deal or not? Help needed...

polarbear

So I thought it was time to jump in and trade my Gunmetal '55 GT for a new Temper Orange '07 GT model.

Dealer has offered £16,625 for mine with 34k on the clock and made all sorts of "don't let it hit 40k or the residual will drop" noises.

Does this sound like a reasonable deal or should I pitch it privately? I've definitely got itchy fingers (or should that be wallet) as the '07 could be on my drive next weekend.

Lastly, is Temper + Alezan too much??

Would value any thoughts.

You could probably get more selling privately but imo you'll end with the same difficulties that sl114 has recently encountered.

I don't think the figure is terribly low, however a dealer trade figure will always be lower than private.

Guess it depends how much you want the car and how long you're prepared to wait. It very much sounds like your mind is made up anyway :D

Temper and alezan, I'd say too much but I'm not a fan of alezan so I'm probably a touch biased.

Well, finally ordered my new '07 GT Coupe today :teeth:

Decided against the Temper + Alezan so have go to wait until September for the Temper + Charcoal leather build slot. At least is will be '57 so will help the residuals.

Dealer reckons I should put my private plate on retention as it could take them up to 6 weeks to sort this out on the trade in. Sounds crazy to me.

Counting the days....

Have you seen the orange in the flesh? :)

...suggesting it might be more Tango than Lambo????

Not suggesting anything, just asking if you'd seen it in the flesh? The majority of people who saw it at JTS were big advocates of it until we saw it in the flesh and it was quite a let down. But, if you've seen it and your happy with it then more power to you my friend, hell I drive a bright yellow car and looking to buy a bright orange one :wacko:

I'm good with the colour, but a bit nervous on residuals. Also tempted when they say "you can have a Chili Pepper tomorrow"

I guess (like UY) it is going to be a bit of a Marmite colour. Got to hope that there are a few like minded people around when I come to sell it.

Oh, and looking forward to the abuse on here too :)

I'm good with the colour, but a bit nervous on residuals. Also tempted when they say "you can have a Chili Pepper tomorrow"

I guess (like UY) it is going to be a bit of a Marmite colour. Got to hope that there are a few like minded people around when I come to sell it.

Oh, and looking forward to the abuse on here too :)

I thought that about Sunset, the amount of people that comment on the car to me suggests I'll be able to punt her on no probs... a while away that though :teeth: