Double Din issue

mx5 Paul

I have bought a aftermarket head unit, (Sony) bought the correct kit from incartech. But now as I have a factory fitted sat-nav they are refusing to fit it saying that the sat-nav its connected to the original bose system. Is this true?? Im no sparkie, this is the reason why I was going to pay someone to do it.

The only connection between the bose unit and the sat nav is a connection to send the sat nav sound through the bose system. The Sat nav is stand alone and will work on its on even without the bose unit present. When fitting an aftermarket unit you lose the sat nav sound. I got around this by making a lead that plugged into the aftermarket untis aux input but this meant you either had music or sat nav, not both.

Thanks for that. But how easy is it to fit yourself.

Looking at it Im not sure where to start. How does the part of the dash come off? How does the head unit come out, I remember using these prongs that went in the front and you pulled it out. (this was in 1987 with an Fiesta XR2)

I bellive I have all the bits, but its just getting started. I have rang a couple of mobile Audio guys but waiting for their call backs.

Any ideas?

Paul

Edited by mx5 Paul