abs+esp lights

walt350z

hi. just done the banana arms and that's sorted but noticed that both brake discs on the front and on the inside surface had a lot of rust on them. the brake pads were very tight and hard to get out so cleaned everything up so there ok now and checked the 4 pistons moved freely and there ok and now all pads are contacting the discs. the thing is when I took it for a test drive the abs light stayed on and the esp was on telling me the esp was off and the light with the car symbol and the line was on, checked brake fluid and that's on the max. don't know what to try next any ideas would be appreciated. cheers

Both ESP and ABS work off wheel sensors so it is more than likely you have disturbed one of these.. finding which one will need to be diagnosed with a scanner if your near London pop in and I'l check it for you, alternativly any local garage with half decent diagnostic tools should be able to help. :)

That wont do it as you need to go into chassis electronics to get the fault code for your ABS. there is a good chance its a wheel sensor or an ABS ring but it may not be easily diagnosed by looking at it, even the slightest knock can cause them to malfunction so there might not be any obvious visual damage. Get it scanned and find out what side its on and go from there