New cats engine management light on

billyb1975

I have just fitted two after market sports cats and after 80 miles or so the engine management light came on. I have reset the light using a procedure with the ignition on and depressing the accelerator pedal for specific times. The light goes off but after another 80 miles the light comes on again.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

Why do the spacers work have got same problem only on right hand bank nissan dealership said its cat problem want me to spend 1200 on new cat

No idea myself and when I got HFC's I had my car remapped not long afterwards which has stopped my EML light coming on.

If I was you I'd send Clark Motorsport a PM (private message) asking them that question. Just hover you arrow pointer over there name and more info will pop up including a "send message" icon. ;)

Why do the spacers work have got same problem only on right hand bank nissan dealership said its cat problem want me to spend 1200 on new cat

No idea myself and when I got HFC's I had my car remapped not long afterwards which has stopped my EML light coming on.

If I was you I'd send Clark Motorsport a PM (private message) asking them that question. Just hover you arrow pointer over there name and more info will pop up including a "send message" icon. ;)

Thanks mate :)

We have just got a fresh batch of spacers in today. I take it from what you have said Nissan have told you the sensor is working correctly?