2008 Suspension Changes?

widetyres

Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first 350Z and I'm leaning towards one of the 313 models, probably a 2008 plate that I've seen.

I've seen it mentioned in reviews that the suspension damping was changed for this revision - does anyone know in what way it was changed? Softer, stiffer? And were there any other suspension changes?

I've driven a couple of 2006 models and are perfectly happy with the suspension in those, but just interested to see if anyone knew about the 2007/2008 changes before I take a long drive to see it.

Thanks loads for your help.

Cheers.

I wouldnt be surprised if the dampers and springs were changed slightly, its not uncommon for a manufacturer to tweak the car along the way, look at the GTR. At the end of the day though, as long as your happy with the car, thats the main thing, change is not always for the better.

I used to have a 2005 Zed (276 bhp) and have just got a 2009 Zed. The suspension does feel slightly different but the differences are subtle and the overall handling of the car is very similar, but the later car seems to keep its composure a little bit more over bumps or when being pushed. The big change between the cars is under the bonnet, the newer car has more torque lower down the rev range, a similar mid-range and a slug of extra power at high revs where the older car starts to run out of steam.