strange vibration

DEXSTAR

car is fine on normal roads but on duel carriageways/motorways when on a right hand bend I get a vibration through the car it feels and sounds like your driving on the rumble strip of the hard shoulder have had the car 2 years it has never got any worse did a search a while ago on here and few zeds were suffering with a similar issue lots of parts being changed but nothing had cured the fault. did a search on here tonight cant find the threads I had viewed before or anything new. can anyone help?

Just on right hand bends, so I assume its something that is taking the weight and the pressure on the near side. As a start, I would swap the offside wheels front and back with the nearside wheels front and back and see if the noise swaps. If it its the same then you can rule out tyres/wheels.

I suppose wheel bearing(s) would be the next thing to look at ?

Edited by djb55

Just on right hand bends, so I assume its something that is taking the weight and the pressure on the near side. As a start, I would swap the offside wheels front and back with the nearside wheels front and back and see if the noise swaps. If it its the same then you can rule out tyres/wheels.

Can't swap the zed wheels back to front. Well you can but you shouldn't. They're different widths

Can't swap the zed wheels back to front. Well you can but you shouldn't. They're different widths

I did not mean front to back, I meant both wheels off one side straight onto the other side.

car has been the same when I was on the standard 18s and since I have changed to 19s this problem has never got any worse in 2 years would wheel bearings that were shot/on there way out not have got a lot worse 15k and 2 years down the line? there is also no play in them. will check the banana arm bushes tho cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Banana arms, worn track rod ends, dodgy steering pump (if occuiring only on full lock), Fecked spring (only clunking when loaded during corners), fecked bushes.

All or any of the above.

Honestly, you need to get the car jacked up, and the wheel off.

See if there is any excess play in any components, or if anything is obviously broken.

If you don't feel confident in doing that, then take it to a local garage who knows 350's. Where are you based, and someone will recommend somewhere

• Like 1