rear deck / hatch door damper

Hermann350z

I have just been looking for a thread about problems with the rear deck dampers (buffers).

On my new 350z (and this happend also to some other 350z owners in Switzerland) after the 350z was only ONCE left outside at minus degrees, the dampers from then on were no longer able to hold the hatch door open.

I talked to Nissan Switzerland and mentioned, that I am not the only one with this issue, but they refused to replace these dampers for free and even denied to have heard of similiar claims.

What about the English version then? As I have not found something about this theme in here, either the English version had different dampers or ...???

I've not heard of the failing due to extreme cold, but they definitely get worse over time. You can get them re-gassed or replaced, not sure about warranty? Mine are on the way out, but am managing with the "2p" trick to pop the boot up.

• 2 weeks later...

-3 this morning in Dunfermline fife, dampers just didn't hold it at all, don't want to appear dim but whats the 2p trick?

I do not think, there is a 2p trick.

Just replace them (maybe there is an alternative manufacturer?!?! ) and keep your z away from minus degrees... :wacko:

• Like 1