Posting Pics

I think this is the reason why I can't post pics....

"Can I post Images?

Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed)."

Can anybody recommend a decent website 2 use?

Thanks in advance

Liam

Liam,

You should be able to attach images to your posts, though there is a file size limit to this, if you keep it under 200kb you should be OK.

Or you could use your free gallery space, and link to the image there?

Again, the smaller you make the files, the better performance will be, and also the less chance there is of the server software that creates the thumbnails, throwing a wobbly there will be too.

Other than that you can try imageshack or photobucket?

Liam,

You should be able to attach images to your posts, though there is a file size limit to this, if you keep it under 200kb you should be OK.

Or you could use your free gallery space, and link to the image there?

Again, the smaller you make the files, the better performance will be, and also the less chance there is of the server software that creates the thumbnails, throwing a wobbly there will be too.

Other than that you can try imageshack or photobucket?

Thanks Chesterfield... I want 2 use the gallery space but having no joy so far!!!!

Tried looking in FAQ's on how 2 use,,, please help me out :D

• 4 months later...
Re. my previous posting - it obviously isn't the way to do it. How do I tag the image URL to make it appear?

Jim

use these [/img] ........either%20side%20of%20image%20url

computer geek :p

c;mon then Liam lets have yout photo on now !! :p looks like youve been trying since February :scare:

Re. my previous posting - it obviously isn't the way to do it. How do I tag the image URL to make it appear?

Jim

use these [/img] ........either%20side%20of%20image%20url

computer geek :p

c;mon then Liam lets have yout photo on now !! :p looks like youve been trying since February :scare:

No chance.... An image of me would break the screen!!!!

Jim

done it for you mate, have a look into your control panel and see where you were wrong :)

Many thanks. The service on this site is brilliant.

Jim