Bedding in advice please

cjh

So after fitting my new front discs and pads (first time fitting) I went for a spin to bed them in. On my last of the 10 declarations from 60mph, just as the car was straining to a stop something white shot out of the wheel (drivers side but possibly the passengers also...i didnt see). This could of been a puff of smoke but maybe liquid under pressure its difficult to tell as i only saw out of the corner of my eye. I pulled over, everything looked fine and brakes worked very well but a thunder storm and torrential rain came over so drove home.

My questions are:

1) Any ideas what this could have been did i mess up fitting?

2) I didnt finish the bedding in procedure as recommended, can i do it again or is it a one time deal?

Cheers for any input guys.

Could have been but it didnt appear to be a solid object, perhaps as simple as splash from a puddle but im still thinking smoke or pressurised liquid...my concern was that the brake line had failed (split or popped off)....is there much pressure build up in those lines, does it increase the harder you press the pedal?

Edited by cjh

Could have been but it didnt appear to be a solid object, perhaps as simple as splash from a puddle but im still thinking smoke or pressurised liquid...my concern was that the brake line had failed (split or popped off)....is there much pressure build up in those lines, does it increase the harder you press the pedal?

if you lose pressure you would know about it.

My brakes were smoking like anything when i bedded mine in (might of overcooked it a bit) could be just brake dust kicking out as you broke hard or a bit of smoke as they will obviously get quite hot when your doing the procedure hence not being on the brakes when stationary during the procedure as it burns an imprint of pad onto the disc...thats what i was told anyway

Haha im gonna take mine to Abbey soon! Any ideas if its going to be a problem that i didnt do the second set of 10 decelerations (there was like 2 inches of water on the road by that time)? Should i do the procedure all over again?