Bi-xenon issue

Smokeyjoe

My dipped beam went on my passenger side light. So I replaced the bulb and it still doesn't work. I plugged in the light unit to the working side and it still doesn't work so.. The issue is definitely headlight unit not car side...

What can I check what may be broken?

Thanks,

Joe

The ballast is a transformer that steps up the power to the voltage required or the lamp. A xenon lamp works with an ark(basically lightning) unlike a normal lamp which has a filament in it. The voltage required for the ark is around 20kv approx

Harder than most cars but not too bad. All you need is a flathead screwdriver, 10mm socket and a couple extensions.

There is a decent guide somewhere on YouTube but Basicly..

Turn the wheels so you can pull the arch liners back enough to undo the two bumper bolts on each side. (Some people have three).

Open the bonnet and undo the 6 clips across the front of the bumper. (Flathead screwdriver lift up the middle section then pull the whole bit out)

Pull the two sides of the bumper loose then pull the whole bumper forward and down.

Then undo the 4 headlight bolts. 1 at the top, one on the side connecting to the wing. And two hidden underneath.

Pull the headlight out a little bit, undo the plug. Then pull the whole unit out. Put it on a towel or something soft lense side down, twist open the grey circle bit and it will expose the main and dipped beam bulb.

That's what I did. Took about 20 mins off 30 mins back on just because I kept loosing my socket down the inside of the bumper.

If someone has a better way please chime in. Sorry no pics!