Services

Gavski

I have just bought 2009 with 43k on it. I would like to know the best plugs to use? Also does gearbox oil need changing or should i just wait till clutch needs doing. Are there any other things that should be done or checked at this mileage. Also how important is 1 year servicing if not doing more than a few thousand miles per year or should i just service uearly anyway (whats best oils and grades?) All adive gratefully recieved.

Gav

Have a look in the trader section to see if there is a good garage near you.

Gearbox oil shouldn't need changing unless you get any crunching once warmed up (you will get crunching when cold no matter what especially 1st > 2nd)

Definitely service yearly even if only doing a few K a Zed engine is pretty bullet proof but only if looked after ;)

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

Edited by spursmaddave

Denso Iridium spark plugs are the ones to use. Definitely still service yearly regardless of milage. Always use genuine Nissan oil filters and a good oil, a lot of people go for the Motul 8100 (5W30 is the correct grade).

If the gear changes are notchy when warmed up then it's worth doing the gearbox fluid, I did mine anyway at 54k and it made the gearbox lovely and smooth even though I had no notchyness. It's extremely easy to do and if you do do it then it's worth changing the rear diff oil as it's the same simple process whilst you're under the car and always good for peace of mind. Always use genuine Nissan oil for these.

Clark Motorsport will sort you out the best products/price :)