350z Upgrade?

neo-ninja

Hi All,

I am considering upgrading my 350z to a 370z. I have seen the price has come down a fair bit for them (40k Miles 2009 GT spec are around £15k) and after having the 350 for around 4 years I think I fancy a change.

In terms of the car itself is there anything i should be considering before I change in terms of running costs etc? Is fuel much more? Are tires more? Services? (I have always had done by a local team of pros who know 350zs well - in my experience I have found when part Xing taking to a main dealer does diddly squat for increasing value)

Im just trying to do my sums to see if its possible, and if its not going to cost me a crazy amount more money.

• Like 1

It's very slightly more frugal on petrol - but only by a couple of mpg, so you might save a couple of quid per week. Servicing is about the same. The wheels are 19", so if you're running 18's on your 350z, you might have to pay a little more for tyres, but how often do you buy tyres?

Basically, I'm saying that the running costs are identical (bearing in mind that I don't know how much Car Tax you pay currently and what your insurance costs are likely to be - these are potentially the more noticeable financial changes). Your biggest financial hit by far will be actually buying the car!

Test drive one or two and see if you like them.

PS - you really should go for a 2010 or newer, with Connect Premium stereo - it's a big improvement in the audio/satnav setup, unless you like to do your own installs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am considering upgrading my 350z to a 370z. I have seen the price has come down a fair bit for them (40k Miles 2009 GT spec are around £15k) and after having the 350 for around 4 years I think I fancy a change.

In terms of the car itself is there anything i should be considering before I change in terms of running costs etc? Is fuel much more? Are tires more? Services? (I have always had done by a local team of pros who know 350zs well - in my experience I have found when part Xing taking to a main dealer does diddly squat for increasing value)

Im just trying to do my sums to see if its possible, and if its not going to cost me a crazy amount more money.

Don't do it, I did the opposite.. but it's up to you !!

Just a few thoughts to help with your decision.....

- I've owned a 2009 and 2010 370z. The Connect Premium sat nav is definitely better but the earlier version is just fine. I wouldn't rule out a nice 2009 car on that basis. If you want to fit a reversing camera though, definitely go with Connect Premium.

- Tyres are pricey if you go for good ones. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are popular - I paid just under 1100 squids for mine. I think most people don't get much more than 15,000 miles out of a set of tyres on the 370.

- The stock exhaust on the 370 sounds pants. That's why you see so many threads about aftermarket options. Budget another grand(ish) to replace it or be prepared to live with a car that looks and goes great but sounds weedy as heck.

- Never owned a 350 so not sure how service costs compare. Local Nissan dealer has recently quoted me 280 for a P3.

And now for the good news....they are great cars and I'm sure you love every minute of owning one. :)