What colour is Motul 300V 5W-30 engine oil?

toffeeman

Does anybody know / remember what colour Motul 300V Power Racing engine oil is? I'm quite distrustful of mechanics doing an oil change when I put my car in for a service as I don't want them to swipe my expensive oil and put in their generic stuff. I'm hoping its one the more distintive colours I've come accross before like a green or red colour so it can be easily checked by me dipping the sump.

Any ideas?

Craig.

• 2 weeks later...

After Nissan did my service yesterday & I gave them Motul 300v to put in, it got me thinking ;)

Anyway Val is right Motul smells almost like paint thinner or varnish but trying to get any smell from the engine oil cap area is difficult, strange that considering iv got a big hooter! :teeth:

So I got a bit of white paper & wiped a bit of oil from dipstick & wiped a bit of oil from Motul can: they were both a light shade of brown. Unusual as i was excpecting yellow/golden. So all seems ok, I also wiped a bit of Mobil 1 which I have & that was a completely different yellow golden colour. :D

So its a light brown, transparentish colour.