Calling TomTom 500 Users

WoREoD

I've been looking at getting a TomTom 700 and today persuaded the local Halfords to give me a demo of the Remote Control facility.

Interestingly, sitting next to the 700 was a 500 and, lo and behold, the 500 responded to the remote control unit just like the 700! :headhurt:

So if you've got a 500 and want Remote Control, it may be worth trying to buy the one for the 700 separately.

Cheers to all,

JohnK

• 4 weeks later...

A question for those of you with TomTom Go devices stashed in your glove box ...

TomTom have just announced a new model range, the Go x10 series. These have bigger screens and therefore boxes than the Go x00 series.

The new dimensions are 115mm x 92mm x 58mm, as opposed to 112mm x 81mm x 66.

Do you think one of these would fit in the same way your current units do?

Thanks for any thoughts,

JohnK

I dont like touchscreens (nor ones that require you to poke with a plastic stick).

Just my personal preference!

JK

I've got the 700 and never use the remote. The screen has more functionality and if you don't like touch screens then you're pretty much knackered as most Sat Navs (third party ones) require you to input using the touch screen.

I tried a 700 with the remote and could pretty much do everything I wanted, including entering postcodes.

Thanks for the feedback though.

JohnK

You must have a lot of patience to enter post codes with the remote John, more than me any way.