Amour All Shield - Mini review

AK350Z

Anyone who's watched an EVO magazine online video can't have failed to notice the heavy ads for this product, and as I got a freebee sachet with my subscription, I thought I'd try it out in a 50/50 test.

This is the product, I just got a tester though:

Shield%20Wax.jpg

For comparison, i dug out the closest thing I had to an all in one - some Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. Possibly not the best match, some other liquid wax would have been better, but I wanted to compare ease of use mostly.

The test subject was the good old punto work shed. The car was washed as normal with Megs Hyperwash, and half the bonnet was treated with the Armour All, half with the Jetseal.

Initially both halves beaded well, although there was a definite improvement in shine from the Armour All side.

I drove the car as normal for two weeks, A and B roads, muddy lanes etc. Then took a snap after a rain shower:

P1020038_zps97d0a16d.jpg

Applied a bit of hosepipe to see what was happening on the other half:

P1020037_zps33db7257.jpg

The Armour All appeared to have held up well for the first fortnight, especially as it's a very quick application. You could do a full car in 15 mins.

To extend the test, I washed the car with Megs again, then I quickly clayed and waxed the Jetseal half. The wax used was Dodo Orange Crush. Perhaps a more fitting test, although the Armour All is two weeks old now, but lets see how we go...

Any idea what it's like as opposed to Collinite 'Elegance de dodar' and Collinite 476s. I'm giving the 476s a go for the winter. (salt and rural poo etc. 476s is detergent proof they say)

We need a patchwork Punto.. :lol:

Any idea what it's like as opposed to Collinite 'Elegance de dodar' and Collinite 476s. I'm giving the 476s a go for the winter. (salt and rural poo etc. 476s is detergent proof they say)

We need a patchwork Punto.. :lol:

I've always used Collinite 915 on the Zed, and it seems to be pretty bombproof. To much hassle for El Punto though. That 476 is interesting though, and cheap enough to try out too...

Does the right side have either Dodo or Jetseal on it? Looks like hardly any protection!

I think you need to read the post a bit closer.... :wacko:

Sorry dude I did read it just really surprised that after 2 weeks there is little evidence of protection, especially if Jetseal was on there. When detailingworld did a 'mega' wax and sealant test, JS109 lasted months. Just surprised.

Have a sample of this stuff to try, so now I will