Redstuffs now bedded in - my thoughts

AndyC

Week or so ago I got some EBC redstuff pads fitted front & back. They're now bedded in after a couple of hundred miles of feeling like I was driving miss daisy and first thoughts are what a difference!

Pedal feel is much better, very little travel before they start biting. I was a little worried that there wouldn't be too much effect from cold but absolutely no problem at all, still plenty of pulling up power.

The car seems to squirm less under heavy braking now too and obviously pulls up a lot quicker than before. This certainly isn't perceived either, my daily drive home from work involves a stretch off the motorway ending in a big left hander before coming onto a large A road. I hit it every day at the same speed in the same gear and my approach was always the same - 2 big dabs of brakes and down a gear.

With the reds on I've found that I only now need 1 hit on the brakes and don't have to hold them as long.

I always thought the oems were ok and did a reasonable job but these are awesome :thumbs:

Many thanks again to CS for supplying at a great price and top service too :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Go for it guys, you won't be disappointed.

I'm sure that there are better alternatives out there but I'm very happy with these.

Still going well and no complaints, have got around 1500 miles on them now and have done a couple of really hard testing stops and they are significantly better than oem.

Daron - as with most cars there is a balance that has to be achieved by the manufacturer, they won't want to put on a pad that may require slightly more heat in it to operate for example. Therefore they may have to sacrifice some of the stopping power.

Either that or they are manufactured to a cost and probably not a big one at that. My justification for saying that? Well, why do Nissan save a few quid by not fitting a few earthing leads???

I think the long & the short of it is that you may want to change things slightly that are a bit better suited to you and how you will use the car. Oh and if you can source a better product than oem at a cheaper price (cos you aren't paying the dealer mark up) then why not?

il be testing my brakes soon.. wana see how they do in the wet vs dry then il consider upgrading if i need it..guess depends what tyres i got on and cost of upgrading! do not want to be spending £1k on brakes for everyday usage.

The brembo set up shud cope with the 289hp at rear wheels..

But i was also told the Z's are also relatively heavy in comparison to the competition out there (ie TT / S2000 / RX8)..

Any reason why our Z's got so much added weight? (i dont get it..we dont even have back seats like RX8 / TT!!)

il be testing my brakes soon.. wana see how they do in the wet vs dry then il consider upgrading if i need it..guess depends what tyres i got on and cost of upgrading! do not want to be spending £1k on brakes for everyday usage.

The brembo set up shud cope with the 289hp at rear wheels..

But i was also told the Z's are also relatively heavy in comparison to the competition out there (ie TT / S2000 / RX8)..

Any reason why our Z's got so much added weight? (i dont get it..we dont even have back seats like RX8 / TT!!)

You'll have no need to change the Brembo calipers on standard power mate, absolutely no need at all.

Tbh the oem pads are up to the job but if you want something better then try something else at change time.