Nismo rear spoiler question

Trev-the-Rev

I'm still undecided as to whether I should fit a Nismo rear spoiler, so I've got a couple of questions.

V1 or V2 - what looks best?

Do you need to uprate your tailgate struts and if so, where can you get some and how much?

Is your rear vision impaired much by either one?

Where's the best place to buy from?

Being biased I prefer the V1 to the V2. If you fit either you will need to remove the counterbalance from the tailgate otherwise it will keep crashing down on your head! :headhurt:

Not sure if you need uprated struts but just for info I had mine replaced under warranty about a month ago beacause when you opened the boot the struts were not strong enough to open sufficiently to clear the locking mechanism. This resulted in having to push the button with one hand and pull the tailgate up with the other which was tres annoying when you have got your hands full :dry:

Having seen the V2 on the weekend I have to say i prefer the V1. Its more refined and suits the car better

I think you can get away with just having the V1 if you choose whereas the V2 needs the rest of the V2 kit to compliment so it doesn't look like a chavvy whale tail :wacko:

Having seen the V2 on the weekend I have to say i prefer the V1. Its more refined and suits the car better

I think you can get away with just having the V1 if you choose whereas the V2 needs the rest of the V2 kit to compliment so it doesn't look like a chavvy whale tail :wacko:

I agree with that, however the V2 front doesnt look right in my opinion, so glad i didnt do it now.

Have to disagree there mate :teeth:

350z_v2-10.jpg

350z_v2-14.jpg

350z_v2-13.jpg

350z_v2-12.jpg

It works with the front and rear spoiler, but im still not sure on it now, its too big for the car. Also the front step along the top of the bumper is what looks odd for me, it doesnt sweep down like the OE or nismo V1

Not too bad then. And certainly not as bad as my old Lotus Esprit Turbo.

I've now ordered a V1 from Adam and he has done me a good deal.

Sarnie, you mentioned that you had to remove a counter balance weight from the tailgate when you had yours fitted. What does this look like and where is it to be found?

Not too bad then. And certainly not as bad as my old Lotus Esprit Turbo.

I've now ordered a V1 from Adam and he has done me a good deal.

Sarnie, you mentioned that you had to remove a counter balance weight from the tailgate when you had yours fitted. What does this look like and where is it to be found?

I never removed it from mine as my kit was factory fitted therefore it would of been done in Sunderland.

I'm a search on here should bring up some threads of people who have done it themselves :thumbs: