Correct tyre sizes?

Zed devil

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask would it be a problem in handling or anything if I was going to run my 19's on 245/40/19 and 275/35/19?

My original tyres were 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 but it was too low for my roads in London where there are too many speed bumps and I literally had to bring the speed down to around 5mph to avoid scraping the front! My tyres needed changing so I got it replaced at a tyre shop but later realised the size of the front tyres was incorrect (245/40/19). I must say the car drives much better over the speed bumps with these tyres and it doesn't seem ridiculously low to the ground anymore which makes life easier to drive around London! The tyre shop will be replacing my front tyres soon but I'm contemplating whether to go ahead with it or not?

I would like to have your opinions on this please, perhaps the pros and cons?

Thanks in advance

Your front tyre will have a slightly bigger rolling radius than the rear by 0.4 inches, whereas the rear should be about 2.5 inches larger. This may lead to TCS issues as your actually 3 inches too big on the front.

Get them to change it to be safe. You don't want to decide to keep them then find out. You have TCS issues and have to buy the correct size because you already refused their offer to change.

TCS is the traction control system. It works by calculating the ratio of turns per minute front vs rear wheels. So, if the front is too big vs the rear wheels, the car will think the rear wheels are spinning faster than they should be compared to the front wheels and the TCS may kick in, which can be a bit dangerous in certain situations, but more annoying than anything.

Raising the rear profile to 40 would also work as the front wheel circumference will be 96.5% of that of the rear wheels compared to about 96.9% for normal 19" sizes that we mentioned.

Either way you'll have to buy a new pair of tyres, unless you let them put on the 35's :thumbs:

The 370z wheels have a 245 40 19 on the front and a 275 35 19 on the rear.

But the front is a 9j so bring it back into the correct bracket

Sorry I'm abit confused. What would the correct bracket be?

If I were to put 245/40/19 and 275/40/19 together or 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 together would it be fine without any issues?