Sub Cutting out

djti636

Running Stock Bose sound system and head unit in my current Zed. Occasionally if either turned up loud or over a duration the sub sometimes makes a very unusual noise and then stops working. Will eventually turn itself back on. Wondered if anyone had this issue as its only just arrisen and had previously been able to crank the system to max with no issues, now I can barely get over 17 on the head unit.

Is it the speaker?

HU?

Wiring ?

Regards

Edited by djti636

There's a guide for it.

Take panel off covering sub, remove sub, unscrew the amp in there, open it, there's a tall darkish grey box inside, about 20mm by 10-15mm. Tape about 5mm of paper or the required amount of that sponge tape if you have it and put it all back together.

Worked for me, for nearly a year but needs fiddled with again, just gotta get the time to have a look, paper may have moved.

There's a guide for it.

Take panel off covering sub, remove sub, unscrew the amp in there, open it, there's a tall darkish grey box inside, about 20mm by 10-15mm. Tape about 5mm of paper or the required amount of that sponge tape if you have it and put it all back together.

Worked for me, for nearly a year but needs fiddled with again, just gotta get the time to have a look, paper may have moved.

Nice one, i assume this just applies pressure to the grey box to ensure the contacts remain connected?