P1 servicing...DIY

deank93

Afternoon,

I am going to do the 5 year 45k service on my late 2007 HR myself as after ringing round various places it just doesnt seem worth the money for the sake of a stamp in the service book when i can just as easily provide receipts as evidence that the car has been serviced with the correct products at the correct time.

Anyhoo....Would someone kindly let me know exactly what I need to complete it and as the car is heading 6 years old what plugs would people suggest?

Many thanks.

The P1 from memory is just oil + filter, its that simple. The bits came to hardly anything. Nissan seem to use the same oil filter on all their cars, so whether its a micra, a navara or a 350 its the same little filter. The actual service process is very easy on the HR. You`ll find the biggest time consuming bit is removing the big plastic under engine tray which has about 18 small rusty screws holding it on.

Run the car for a while so oil is hot, then drain it out, swap oil filter over after putting a bit of fresh oil around the rubber seal, put drain plug back in and fill with oil.

As a matter of course I would also check the air filters as whilst they are not part of the P1 service, if they are dirty then it pays to replace them. Either go with stock nissan ones or cosworth, theres very little if anything in the difference between them.

Someone else will advice on the exact plugs you need, the HR ones are different and a *LOT* more expensive than the earlier zeds.

Edited by rabbitstew

Service requirements are detailed in the handbook here: http://metafaq.nissa...oklet190605.pdf about halfway down.

This applies to several models so you have to read the parameters carefully to match the 350. i.e. the P2 and P3 are identical given that the Z has a viscous diff. Additional items can apply to ANY service based on time/mileage.

Otherwise fairly straightforward. Plugs are Denso Iridium FXE22HR-11. :thumbs:

My car is the same age + milage and I'll be giving it a major service this weekend with bits supplied by ZMANALEX (best prices and service! :)). A P3 is basically a oil + filter and air filter change with some 'inspections' thrown in. For peace of mind I'll be doing additional bits as there's no evidence in my service book that other fluids have ever been changed.

Alex supplied Denso Iridium spark plugs, Motul 8100 oil and Nissan oil filter, genuine Nissan gearbox oil with Molyslip additive,rear diff fluid, and coolant for a flush and some Motul RBF 600 brake fluid (I'm also changing the brake lines to HEL braided hoses). I have HKS panel filters so don't need to replace them.

If it's never had a P3 I'd go for an oil + filter/air filter change and spark plugs as a minimum at that age and milage, but it's recommended that the gearbox and diff fluids are also changed at this sort of time. Brake fluid should be done every two years or 27k, coolant every three years or 36k, plugs every five years or 45k and oil every year or 9k.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1