Want to give my Z a really good clean, plz help me ?

M350ZB

Right had my 350Z a month now, slowly buying all the things i want for it, getting my personal plate soon, and when i get it, want to fit that as well as my new chin spoiler and blue tooth device i want to give my car a well good clean, what stuff do you recomend and how to use it e.t.c.

currently all i do is wash it with a mit with megulars wash n wax, then rinse off with hose, then shammie leather dry, thats it, not gaev it a polish yet, and also regarding alloys whats best ?

And finally. . . . . Are there any personal valet companies we get discount with, that come to your home ?

Thanks All ?

:thumbs:

Other than the above notes, get rid of the 1 bottle mate, ie use a separate wash and a separate wax. A combined wash & wax is nowhere near as good imo.

Also use 2 buckets - 1 to rinse your wash mitt in before you put it into the soapy stuff.

Finally, get rid of the chamois and get a Megs water magnet. I'm guessing you're using the wash mitt so you don't get surface stuff over your paint rather than using a sponge. A chamois does the same thing a sponge does, ie keeps it on the surface of the chamois which means it goes all back over your paint and can cause swirl marks & fine scratches.

ok, cool, so where can i get this from, prob not in halfords, na ?, where is cheap nad recomended ?
halfrauds do it, i bought the megs claybar and spray.

All you do is spray the area you are claybarring (small sections at a time, like waxing) then use the clay to wipe over the surface removing the dirt in the paint. Its really easy.

• 4 weeks later...
cool mate, thinkings its a trip to halfrauds then tommorow if the weather is good ?

Bought mine off ebay,13 squid for megs quik clay(over 20 notes in halfords)which comes with detailer.

You will notice the difference after using it,but if you drop it make sure you throw it away. B)

Yeah when i used it on mine, cmae out well good, this week gonna do the clay bar method, and then think instead of using the little wax you get with it, gonna use meguiars gold class wax, anyoen used this before, any tips ! :thumbs:

Yeah when i used it on mine, cmae out well good, this week gonna do the clay bar method, and then think instead of using the little wax you get with it, gonna use meguiars gold class wax, anyoen used this before, any tips ! :thumbs:

You don't get Wax with the Claybar, you get Quik detailer which you can use for keeping the clay moist........

Once you've done all that and cleaned the car properly, you can wax. I wouldn't use Meguairs Gold Class wax...... I prefer Meguair NXT spray wax..... much easier to use....... :thumbs:

I'd reccommend P21S wax and then Speed Detailer inbetween times to keep it topped up.

As has been said here:-

2 buckets

Wash mitt (no sponge)

Decent wash (not a combined wax - Chemical Guys Maxi Suds 2 is good)

Grit guard (not essential but put in the bottom of your bucket gets the grit out of the mitt)

Rinse

Clay (not point drying it as the body needs to be damp)

Rinse

Polish / cut where needed

Wax / Seal (huge range of products, you'll find your own favourite)

Lots of microfibre clothes and about 3 hours for your first time. Job done! :thumbs:

You don't get Wax with the Claybar, you get Quik detailer which you can use for keeping the clay moist........

Actually with the Megs Quick Clay I got from Halfrauds, I got Quick Detailer and some wax :teeth:

P21S is awesome wax, but it is also soft and wears off quicker than others. Be prepared to keep waxing it if you want to keep the awesome shine it gives - which I do!

Actually with the Megs Quick Clay I got from Halfrauds, I got Quick Detailer and some wax :teeth:

P21S is awesome wax, but it is also soft and wears off quicker than others. Be prepared to keep waxing it if you want to keep the awesome shine it gives - which I do!

No pain no gain! ;):)

What is wrong with Meguairs Gold Class wax then, any tips ?

Nothing 'wrong' with it. I have some and I have used the following finishes with my comments:-

AG Ultra Gloss Protection - great finish, very very long lasting and gives a bit of protection on stone chips. Is semi permanent and lasts approx 6 months for me. Can be bought back easily with any of the products as top up below.

P21S - best finish of the lot, very easy to use, looks amazing. Very easy to reapply. My favourite (except for winter prep when I use the above)

Meguiars stage 3 (I think) Carnuba wax - average finish, easy enough to use but the P21S shows the way. You can do worse.

Meguiars Gold Class - hugely disappointing. Did half a friend's car in this and half in the above. The above showed it up IMO. It almost looked dull and is still in my cupboard with only half a car application used.

As a top up, I've used:-

AG Show Shine - aerosol based top up, contains silicone which isn't ideal, occasional smearing in anything other than properly cool conditions.

Megs Speed detailer - brilliant stuff to maintain a good shine and can be used on any surface really. Non aerosol so easier to control.

My opinion, HTH. :)